PINARELLO Montello Cromovelato, Campagnolo 50th Ann, 55cm (1984-85) – SOLD14/11/2020
CINELLI Supercorsa Pista 55.5cm (early 1960s) – SOLD18/11/2020
BIANCHI Modello M – Tipo Giro d’Italia 57.5cm (1928) – SOLD
Bianchi is the world’s oldest bicycle-making company still in existence, founded in 1885 by Eduardo Bianchi in Milan, Italy. No doubt, Bianchi is the pioneer of bicycle development since the beginning:
- In 1885 Bianchi pioneered the use of equal-sized wheels with pneumatic rubber tires;
- Edoardo Bianchi designed first lady bike in 1895 and it was made for Queen Margaret;
- The Bianchi reputation began when the company sponsored Giovanni Tommasello, the winner of the Grand Prix de Paris in 1899, which evolves into Tour de France;
- Bianchi presented the first bicycle ever featuring a cardan joint transmission in 1901;
- They invented the front brake system in 1913;
- In 1914 Bianchi was a famous and reputed manufacturer: in just one year, production settled on extraordinary figures: 45.000 bicycles, 1.500 motorbikes and 1000 cars;
- In 1915, Bianchi produced a bike for the Army, equipped with wide-section tyres, folding frame and suspensions on both wheels.
In 1920s, with 35 years of succeseful manufacturing his, Bianchi was a huge company, the absolute leader of the Italian market, producing over 50.000 bicycles a year. Bianchi’s successes in the sport went along with those achieved at industrial level when Bianchi relased their top bike called Modello M and the ‘celeste’ bicycles kept winning all around the world. In 1920s changing gears meant stopping and removing the rear wheel and flipping it around to use a different size cog. The riders were using smaller cog for the flat parts and bigger one for uphills.
With this extremelly rare masterpiece of the cycling history, Premium Cycling reached the top, of what we can offer to vintage bike collectors worldwide. Here we are proudly presenting – Bianchi Tipo M Giro d’Italia, which dates back to 1928,, thanks to special Bianchi vintage bike register. Extraordinary details of the bottom bracket&hubs oil braze-on, head lugs, fork crowns, drop-outs for easier and faster makes you understand that Edoardo Bianchi was a medical tool engineer, before he started with bike manufacturing. Equipped with Bianchi chainrings and pedals, Siamt Bianchi hubs, wodden Ghisallo rims, original steel stem and handlebar, original Bianchi saddle, so original components from 1920s. There were two versions, one with a pump holder and one without. This one has original air pump with original paint, which helped with restoration process. Changing gear system is called also ”Giroruota” (which means ”flipping wheel”), this bike is equipped with one fixed cog and one freewheeled cog.
With this vintage jewel you can get an incredible experience how cycling heroes rode back in the golden era of cycling history or just to get a lot of attention at any historic cycling events. L’Eroica ready.
Frame & Fork: Bianchi Tipo M Giro d’Italia (frame no. 177065)
– seat tube (c-t): 57,5 cm
– top tube (c-c): 59,5 cm
– headset tube: 15 cm
– standover: 81cm
Crankset: steel with Bianchi chainring (44t)
Bottom bracket : Bianchi
Brake Levers: steel, original
Brakes: Bowden Brevete
Hubs: Siamt Bianchi
Cogs: 17 (fixed) and 19 (freewheel)
Rims: Ghisallo, wooden (new)
Headset: Bianchi integrated
Stem: steel, original (8cm)
Handlebar: steel, original
Seat: Bianchi, leather (original)
Condition: The frame has been completely restored and refubrished by professional guy. Air pump has original color. The variety of the ‘celeste paint’ was recommended by greatest Bianchi experts. Ready to ride.
Price: SOLD (February 2021)