BIANCHI Record 748, Campagnolo NGS/NR, 54.5cm (late 1970s) – SOLD17/03/2021
TOMMASINI Air Prestige, Campagnolo C Record 1st gen, 58cm (1985-86) – SOLD17/03/2021
BIANCHI Modello M, Tipo Giro d’Italia (early 1920s) – SOLD
Bianchi is the world’s oldest bicycle-making company still in existence, founded in 1885 by Eduardo Bianchi in Milan, Italy. No doubt, Bianchi is the pioneer of bicycle development since the beginning:
- In 1885 Bianchi pioneered the use of equal-sized wheels with pneumatic rubber tires;
- Edoardo Bianchi designed first lady bike in 1895 and it was made for Queen Margaret;
- The Bianchi reputation began when the company sponsored Giovanni Tommasello, the winner of the Grand Prix de Paris in 1899, which evolves into Tour de France;
- Bianchi presented the first bicycle ever featuring a cardan joint transmission in 1901;
- They invented the front brake system in 1913;
- In 1914 Bianchi was a famous and reputed manufacturer: in just one year, production settled on extraordinary figures: 45.000 bicycles, 1.500 motorbikes and 1000 cars;
- In 1915, Bianchi produced a bike for the Army, equipped with wide-section tyres, folding frame and suspensions on both wheels.
In 1920s, with 35 years of succeseful manufacturing his, Bianchi was a huge company, the absolute leader of the Italian market, producing over 50.000 bicycles a year. Bianchi’s successes in the sport went along with those achieved at industrial level when Bianchi relased their top bike called Modello M and the ‘celeste’ bicycles kept winning all around the world. In 1920s changing gears meant stopping and removing the rear wheel and flipping it around to use a different size cog. The riders were using smaller cog for the flat parts and bigger one for uphills.
With this extremelly rare masterpiece of the cycling history, Premium Cycling reached the top, of what we can offer to vintage bike collectors worldwide. Here we are proudly presenting – Bianchi Tipo M Giro d’Italia, which dates back to early 1920s. Extraordinary details of the bottom bracket&hubs oil braze-on, head lugs, fork crowns, drop-outs for easier and faster makes you understand that Edoardo Bianchi was a medical tool engineer, before he started with bike manufacturing. Equiped with Bianchi chainrings, Gurtner hubs, wodden Ghisallo rims, steel stem and handlebar, so original components from 1920.
With this vintage jewel you can get an incredible experience how cycling heroes rode back in the golden era of cycling history or just to get a lot of attention at any historic cycling events. L’Eroica ready.
Frame & Fork: Bianchi Tipo M Giro d’Italia
-seat tube (c-t): 57cm
-top tube (c-c): 59 cm
-headset tube: 15,5 cm
Crankset: steel with Bianchi chainring (44t)
Bottom bracket : Bianchi
Brake Levers: steel, original
Rims: Ghisallo, wooden (new)
Tires: BRN (new)
Headset: Bianchi integrated
Stem: steel, original (8cm)
Handlebar: steel, original
Condition: The frame has been completely restored and refubrished by professional guy. The variety of the ‘celeste paint’ was recommended by greatest Bianchi experts. Ready to ride. Unique Bianchi vintage bike-stand included.
Era: early 1920s
Price: SOLD (April 2021)