BIANCHI Specialissima X3 1984 – SOLD11/03/2018
COLNAGO Super Nuovo Record (1970s) – SOLD30/03/2018
BIANCHI Campione del mondo 1957 – SOLD
Bianchi is the world’s oldest bicycle-making company still in existence, founded in 1885 by Eduardo Bianchi in Milan, Italy. No doubt, Bianchi is the pioneer of bicycle development since the beginning:
– In 1885 Bianchi pioneered the use of equal-sized wheels with pneumatic rubber tires;
– Edoardo Bianchi designed first lady bike in 1895 and it was made for Queen Margaret;
– The Bianchi reputation began when the company sponsored Giovanni Tommasello, the winner of the Grand Prix de Paris in 1899, which evolves into Tour de France;
– Bianchi presented the first bicycle ever featuring a cardan joint transmission in 1901;
– They invented the front brake system in 1913;
– In 1914 Bianchi was a famous and reputed manufacturer: in just one year, production settled on extraordinary figures: 45.000 bicycles, 1.500 motorbikes and 1000 cars;
– In 1915, Bianchi produced a bike for the Army, equipped with wide-section tyres, folding frame and suspensions on both wheels.
The 1953 World Chamiponship took place in Lugano, Switzerland, near Italian border. After 7h30min of racing, Fausto Coppi won with solo attack ahead of Belgiums Derijcke and Ockers. After that prestigious win, Bianchi renamed their previous top model Paris- Roubaix to CDM (Campione del mondo). The CDM was Bianchi’s top of the line racing bike in mid 1950s, later in early 1960s the Specialissima was released. Fausto Coppi and other heroes were wining on very similar Bianchi bike.
Prudly presenting another legendary piece of the cycling history – Bianchi Campione del mondo. The frame with serial number B250876 dates back to 1957, thanks to special Bianchi vintage bike register. Extraordinary details of the steel frame makes you understand that Edoardo Bianchi was a medical tool engineer, before he started with bike manufacturing. Extraordinary details of the steel frame makes you understand that Edoardo Bianchi was a medical tool engineer, before he started with bike manufacturing. The frame is featuring integrated headset, equiped with Campagnolo Gran Sport gearing system, Magistroni cranks, Ambrosio Champion cockpit, Universal 453949 brakes and levers, NiSi rims, Brooks saddle, so same components as Fausto Coppi used in mid 1950s.
A real jewel. Nice cactch for any vintage bike collector. L’Eroica ready.
Frame & Fork: Bianchi Campione del mondo, steel (No. B250876)
– seat tube (c-t): 57 cm
– top tube (c-c): 56,5 cm
– headset tube: 13,5 cm
– standover: 81 cm
Crankset: Magistroni (50/45)
Bottom bracket : Magistroni
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Gran Sport
Brake Levers: Universal
Brakes: Universal Extra 453949
Headset: Bianchi integrated
Stem: Ambrosio Champion (110 mm)
Handlebar: Ambrosio Champion
Hubs: Campagnolo Gran Sport
Cassette: Regina 23/14
Saddle: Brooks B17
Tubulars: Continental Giro (new)
Handlebar Tape: cloth
Water bottle: Bianchi, metal (new)
Condition: Used. The frame has no cracks, no dents and is not bend. The frame has been completely restored and refubrished by professional guy with original ‘celeste’ paint. All parts are working fine.